Wednesday, August 4, 2010

you haven't exactly asked for it...

...but i'm giving it to you anyway! like a piece of luggage as a Christmas gift. an outfit with me in shorts! (*DISCLAIMER I PROBABLY WOULDN'T ACTUALLY WEAR THIS OUTFIT OUT TO ANYTHING) though just because I wouldn't wear it doesn't mean its not cute...it just means....I hate wearing shorts. I hate wearing pants. I hate wearing anything that goes around my stomach that isn't stretchy comfy leggings. Anything else and I avoid it like the plague. I don't like how it digs into my stomach fat giving me attractive muffin. I don't like how I can never find my size at any of the stores except Walmart. I don't like the way they emphasis the largest part of me. I don't like that I'd have to wear a T-shirt or something with it (another thing you won't catch me wearing unless I'm going to go work out). It's not that I don't like t-shirts or jeans/shorts/any pants that aren't leggings...it's just that I don't like the way they look on ME. But Laura, you find yourself asking, hanging on my every word from this incredibly important blog, if you hate that stuff so much why do you own several pairs of shorts as well as over 8 pairs of jeans? Well, gentle viewers, there was a time, a time when I weighed under 150 lbs that I felt comfortable wearing jeans and shorts....that is where this outfit is coming from.

OUTFIT 3:




This outfit doesn't really have much color in it. As a general rule I try to combine a neutral, a print, and a bright color. Or some variation of all three. This however is mostly just neutrals, a black top, a grey leopard print cardigan and jean shorts. My shoes are black but in an attempt to throw some color into the mix I added a pink belt. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the belt, so I took pictures with and without, you can decided. I also had a bright green bracelet and a yellow/green ring. That's the extent of the outfit.





Where: The top is from H&M it was probably around $20-$30. The cardigan is from TJMaxx and was around the same. The shoes are from Payless, didn't cost more than $10. The shorts are from JCPenny and around $20 though I got them like...Freshmen year of high school so they're super old. The ring was a gift from my grandmom, it is from Boscovs. The necklace is from Etsy.com and was a Christmas gift. The bracelets were also a gift, from my friend Sam though I don't know where she got them or how much they were. The optional belt was from Walmart for I think $18.

Total: I duno. You add up the numbers.


Make-up: Since this oufit feels like it has a lack of color, atleast to me, I thought I'd try to introduce some with bright red lip stick. I kept my eye shadow simple so the lip/shadow combo wouldn't overwhelm my face.

Why it works:
  1. The shirt pulls away from my stomach
  2. The belt emphasizes the smallest part of my body
  3. The shorts are stretchy jean material so they create less of the "muffin" effect
  4. The cardigan covers my arm fat

Why it doesn't work:
  1. I feel like the shirt is too short, if it were longer by even an inch it would help better cover my stomach.
  2. Though the jean shorts don't give me much muffin they still give me some, I am hard pressed to find any pants/shorts that fit me because I have a large stomach/no ass/small thighs. The pant makers assume everyone with a large stomach has a large ass and large thighs. Not true.
  3. The shirt flattens my chest. And when I say something is flattening my chest you know it's a problem because I have a very small chest. Chest flattening is a very bad. When your chest comes out over your stomach no matter how much you weigh, you always look thinner. If your stomach sticks out past your chest, no matter if your stomach really isn't even that big you end up looking like you have a potbelly. I recommend heavily padded bras to girls with this problem (aka myself).

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you address your viewers :)
    and I want to steal all of your jewelry and those wedges, meow.
    This is Hannah, PS!

    ReplyDelete