Thursday, August 12, 2010

simple

This is an example of a very simple outfit, I didn't really have a lot of time today to get a better outfit, though I think it works all the same. The dress alone is enough to make the outfit cute, but I added some finishing touches.



The Outfit: Floral print dress, black lace camisole, black spandex shorts, yellow cardigan, golden mermaid necklace, seriously beat up Minnetonka moccasins.



Where: The dress is from Wetseal, the camisole is from TJ Maxx, the sweater is from Charlotte Russe, the moccasins are from a Minnetonka catalog, and the necklace was from a thrift store in my hometown but I've seen a lot of them on Etsy.com


Make-up: I did a light green on my eye because I was wearing yellow and pink and I feel all those colors go nicely together. Since I was again, going to be emphasizing my eyes, I felt just a touch of lip gloss and blush were necessary.

Why it works:
  1. This outfit is simple enough, it's really the shape of the dress that makes it flattering for someone who is heavier. I cannot stress enough how clothes that hug right under your chest and then let loosen around your stomach are the way to go. Maximum flattery. The print also is useful for distracting the eye.
  2. The sweater is styled to be over-sized in the arms which helps draw attention away from things such as upper arm fat which I have a lot of.
  3. The camisole and shorts are necessary for a dress like this because otherwise my chest and ass would be hanging out constantly.
  4. The yellow in the sweater goes nicely with the yellow in the dress. This is an example of me being matchy, however, it is not necessary to go this route if you'd prefer, though with a busy print like this it is sometimes nice to be matching because there are so many colors already.

No comments:

Post a Comment