However it is possible:
The Outfit: a black and white printed dress, black spandex shorts because the dress is short and I don't want everyone seeing my ass. weird i know, turquoise sweater with black stripes, pink rose and pearl bracelet, simple gold necklace (my harry potter time turner in my case...but can be exchanged for any simple necklace...something less lame/nerdy perhaps), and black shrug short boots.
Where: the dress cost $13.50 from Forever21 and was a birthday gift. The necklace was a Christmas gift from Etsy.com I think it cost around $20. The boots are from Famous Footwear and are $45. The rose pearl necklace was from a boutique in Sea Isle NJ I can't remember the price. The turquoise sweater is from H&M and cost around $20.
Total Cost: a little under $100. the thing that really has the price going up is the boots. Without them the outfit would be closer to 40ish.
Make-up: i did a metallic/sparkly eyeshadow to match the metallic in the in the belt of the dress, as well as just a simple pink lip gloss.
Why it works:
- The dress is a flattering cut, again the ones that cinch in just under your chest and pull away from the stomach are always going to be the best bet.
- The prints are able to mix because one print is more complex than the other. The print of my dress overshadows the simple striped print of the cardigan. This is an important rule to know. Most simple patterns such as smaller polka dots or stripes can be paired with more complex patterns like florals, patterns like the ones on my dress, or even animal prints. Its really a outfit to outfit basis. Another example of mixing prints can be found in outfit 2. I mix a snake-skin boot with a floral print dress! It works! Just make sure one of the prints is considered more neutral.
- Some may be afraid to mix the turquoise sweater with the pink bracelet, but this is another thing I will address in my blog in a stronger example. For now I will say not everything has to match. As long as they go together.
Why it doesn't work:
- Horizontal stripes are bad. But idfc because this is a cute sweater and I feel like I don't look that fat in it so I don't really care that you aren't supposed to wear horizontal stripes if you're fat because they "make you look wider". Wear what the fuck you want. Just make sure you look adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment