Monday, August 16, 2010

Neutrals

My outfit plan for today was to use a bunch of neutrals to show that you don't need to have color in an outfit to make it interesting. It was all going very well until I saw on the ground next to my closet my dorothy shoes and I couldn't help myself but to wear them today. So here you are an outfit entirely of neutrals...and then my bright red shoes because they are so fucking cute I could die.



The Outfit: beige/brown cardigan, black dress, black shorts, silver/black/white jewelry, red awesome wizard of oz shoes.




(Look how cute they are!!!! Just like Dorothy's!!!! Gah!)

Where: Shoes, kid section of Walmart. Shorts, Walmart. Dress, Walmart. Cardigan, H&M. Juicy necklace, Chinatown NYC. Beaded necklace, birthday gift.


Make-up: Excuse the slightly blurry picture, my eyeshadow was a purple/pink and I had a neutral lip. I dunno why I chose the purple/pink. Prolly because I hadn't done it in awhile. And it sort of works with the outfit, though looking back I probably would've done a grey/brown shadow and a red lip. Oh well. There's always next time.

Why it works:
  1. I actually think this is one of my least flattering outfits, though I can't figure out why I dislike it so much. I've followed all my rules, the dress comes in at the waist, and poofs out around my stomach.
  2. The dress is black and creates a flattering silhouette
  3. The cardigan hides unwanted arm fat
  4. Everything goes because everything is neutral =] (besides my awesome shoes that I am completely in love with)

No comments:

Post a Comment