Friday, August 13, 2010

ohmygod shoes.

Normally I like to do a little variety in my posts, and since I just did a mostly pink floral yesterday, I was going to try and not do that again for awhile. However I couldn't help myself. I went to Walmart today and bought myself THESE!


They're the fuggin cutest boots eber. like doc martens style but better/cheaper. And I just HAD to style my outfit around my new boots. And since they're kinda punk/edgy I decided to juxtapose that look with a very girly look aka florals and pinks.

I also splurged ten dollars and bought THESE:


Aren't they amazing? I found them in the little kids section but they fit! They are sequined red bow flats and they look just like Dorothy shoes!!!! SO awesome. I am now referring to them as my Oz Shoes. I can't wait to wear them with a blue and white dress. I will feel so bad ass/Dorothy inspired!

But anyways onto the outfit:



The outfit: bright pink cardigan, pink floral dress (I also own the blue version that was posted earlier on this blog), green floral pendant, black boots




Where: pink floral dress from Forever21 for $13.50, pink cardigan from Delias don't remember price but it was Delias so I know it was expensive, green pendant necklace that was made by my grandmom, and super awesome boots from Walmart for $20.


Make-up: Keeping with the girly theme of the outfit that was done to outweigh the boots, I have shimmery pink eyeshadow and a pink lip-stick

Why it works:
  1. The dress, like the blue version, has a flattering cut
  2. The cardigan is once again being used to hide arm fat
  3. The boots are military-esque and punk looking, I juxtaposed them with a pink floral girly look to soften them up. They can however be worn in different ways, it was a personal preference to create the juxtaposition.
  4. This outfit is again matchy but not too much, the green floral and the pink sweater are there to reinforce the "girlyness" of the pink floral dress. Again, done intentionally against the boots.





No comments:

Post a Comment