Tuesday, August 3, 2010

outfit 2:

Today's outfit is also a dress. I wear pretty much only dresses in the summer and wear dresses with tights as well as tunics with tights in the winter. I will try to show some variations in my blog though, some shorts and high waisted skirts, etc. maybe even some jeans! look out!



Outfit 2 is very simple. it consists of a floral print dress, a blue shortsleeved cardigan, black shorts, cowboy boots, and jewelry.






(I couldn't resist putting in more than the necessary amount of pictures of my cowboy boots, I just love them so much. They're super cute, were super cheap, and are super comfortable).

Where: I got the dress as a gift from Forever21 it was $13.50. The necklace is also from Forever21 it costs $5.80. The sweater is from Walmart, I think it cost around $10-15 dollars. The cowboy boots are from Rainbow and cost me $15 dollars. The spandex shorts were originally leggings that I cut to be shorts, they were from Walmart and cost me $10. The ring was a gift.

Total cost: around $55-60 for the complete outfit.

(Ignore how sad I look...I always look sad in pictures. It sucks.)

Make-up: I did my eye shadow a sort of mauve/berry color because I knew it would match all the blues and greens of the dress. My lips are a mixture of two lip tints: a raspberry and a burnt sienna color. I chose them because I thought they would compliment the eyeshadow, however I don't know if I'd combine them again, my lips were a little dark.


Why it works:
  1. The dress shape itself is very flattering, it creates the silhouette I had created in outfit 1 but without having to use a belt.
  2. The cotton fabric of the dress pulls away from the stomach and doesn't cling.
  3. The dress has sleeves therefore the cardigan isn't necessary to hide unwanted arm fat, however the back of this dress shows where my bra digs into my back. I've been assured it isn't noticeable but it makes me self conscious so I opt to hide my back with a blue cardigan.
  4. The black shorts help hold in my stomach fat as well as allow me to wear shorter dresses without being fearful of wind/bending over.
  5. The cowboy boots help give me some height and emphasis my legs which is my favorite part of my body.
  6. Brown and black are both in this outfit. Normally I don't really like to mix them, though you CAN mix them as they are both neutrals, I just don't like the look of the two colors together. However, since my boots are snake-skin print and already have black in them I mixed them and I think it looks quite nice.
  7. The green/yellow bird necklace pretty much can stand alone as an accessory. No others are really necessary, though I added the blue ring because I felt it was plain enough that it did not overwhelm.
  8. The ring is "silver" the bird is "gold" I never worry much about mixing the two, if they're on different areas of your body they're hardly noticeable. Plus who cares, they're cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment